1. By using the “granvillekm.com” website, including all sub-domains, (the “Website”) you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions of use (the “Terms and Conditions”) and acknowledge that the Website and its contents are the property of Granville Knowledge Management Limited (“Granville KM”) unless otherwise specified or provided in these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Website and all content that may appear on it from time to time are provided on an "as is" basis. You acknowledge that Granville KM reserves the right to take the Website offline at any time, with or without notice.
3. You acknowledge that Granville KM will regularly update the content on the Website without prior notice and that historical content may not be available following an update.
4. If you require historical data, please contact Granville KM.
5. You acknowledge that all content currently or formerly on the Website is the exclusive intellectual property of Granville KM unless otherwise indicated or provided for in these Terms and Conditions. Such content includes, but is not limited to, text, data compilations, layout, images, graphics, photographs, illustrations, video, audio, software, or code that forms part of, or appears on, the Website.
6. You acknowledge that Granville KM has asserted copyright over all original material on the Website.
7. You acknowledge that third parties have licensed Granville KM to use certain intellectual property (including, but not limited to, logos, trade names, website addresses, and other marketing material) over which each contributing partner maintains its respective rights.
8. Granville KM does not claim copyright or other intellectual property rights over unmodified material originally published by other sources, in particular, governmental agencies or regulators.
9. Granville KM does not claim copyright or other intellectual property rights over links to external websites or the content of those websites.
10. Any partner, owner, employee, or affiliated lawyer of a subscribing customer with a current fully-paid subscription (“Users”) may use the Website as specified in this Section IV. Subscribing customers may add persons not falling within the above definition of “Users” to their list of Users by agreement with Granville KM.
11. By using the Website you represent that, to the best of your knowledge, you are a User.
12. Granville KM grants Users a terminable licence to do any of the following from computers located in the nominated offices of the subscribing customer:
a. view all content on the Website and use all search and report-generating features of the Website;
b. download any content from the website;
c. copy content from the website (for example, using “cut and paste” or screenshot functions);
d. use any content from the website in internal: documents, knowledge management tools, presentations, or training materials; and
e. use all content on the Website in materials prepared for meetings with clients or prospective clients (e.g., “pitch meetings,” client presentations, or client training sessions), provided that such materials are never entered into the public domain and are only presented to the representatives of one client or prospective client at a time.
13. Login details will only be provided to users identified by the subscribing customer as “Primary Users.” Primary Users are granted a terminable licence to do any of the actions listed in Paragraph 12 from any device capable of accessing the Website from any location using their login details.
14. Primary Users must not share their login details with any person. The use of a Primary User’s login details by a person who is not themselves a Primary User is a breach of these Terms and Conditions by both the Primary User and the person using their login details.
15. For the purposes of Paragraph 12.d above, "internal" means documents that are circulated within the organisation only and are not shared with third parties. Documents or publications that appear in the public domain, including your website or printed materials, are not “internal.” If your firm or organisation is a Swiss Verein or similar, and a subscription has only been paid for part of the firm, “internal” shall be understood to be the subscribing part, not the entire firm.
16. Paragraph 12 above is subject to your acknowledgement that all copyright and intellectual property rights remain the exclusive property of Granville KM. You acknowledge that your use of any material copied or downloaded from the Website is on the basis of a temporary licence, revocable according to the terms of this Section IV.
17. The licence granted in Paragraph 12 above can be terminated by Granville KM if Granville KM has legitimate grounds to believe there has been a breach of the terms therein.
18. In the event that a subscribing customer’s subscription to use the Website is not fully paid within 30 calendar days of the end of the previous subscription period, or Granville KM has terminated a User or subscribing customer’s licence, any use of material gathered from the Website (including in compliance with Paragraph 11) will be a breach of copyright. In such cases, you must either remove all digital and physical copies of copyrighted material originating from the Website or must renew your subscription.
19. If you are no longer a partner, owner, employee, or affiliated lawyer of a subscribing customer, or otherwise added to the list of a subscribing customer's Users, you must either remove all digital and physical copies of copyrighted material originating from the Website or pay for a new subscription.
20. Granville KM will take reasonable steps to keep any information you provide secure. Any information you provide will only be used for the purpose it was originally provided, the purposes outlined in this section, or if required to do so by a competent law enforcement agency.
21. Granville KM may collect data on your use of the Website to improve its service or prepare usage statistics.
22. Granville KM may provide third parties with aggregated reports of total users categorised by location (at national or city level only), and organisation type.
23. Granville KM will only share usage data with third parties engaged by it to optimise the functioning of the Website, or to confirm total usage.
24. You acknowledge that Granville KM is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified professionals.
25. You acknowledge and affirm that Granville KM and all other contributors (whether named or unnamed) to the Website are not liable for any harm suffered by you or any other party as a result of your reliance on the content of the Website.
26. You agree to hold Granville KM and all other contributors (whether named or unnamed) harmless for any loss associated in any way with your use of the Website.
27. Granville KM provides links to external websites including, but not limited to, government agencies, legislation, legislative guidance documents, central banks, foreign exchange data sources, contributing law firms, and sponsoring law firms.
28. You acknowledge that, unless expressly stated, no site other than those on the “granvillekm.com” domain is under the control of Granville KM.
29. You acknowledge that Granville KM does not represent that any external website, or the content of any external website, is accurate. You acknowledge further that Granville KM advises that all external sources should be independently confirmed with a locally-qualified legal professional prior to reliance upon them.
30. You agree to hold Granville KM harmless for any loss associated in any way with your use of linked websites.
31. A waiver of any rights under these terms must be evidenced in writing.
32. No failure by Granville KM to give notice of any breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a waiver of Granville KM’s rights hereunder. You acknowledge that it will frequently take a significant period of time for a breach of these terms to come to the awareness of Granville KM and that any such time lapses shall have no bearing on Granville KM’s right to enforce its rights hereunder.
33. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales.
34. The courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction to hear disputes arising from or relating to these Terms and Conditions.
35. If any clause of these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other clauses of these Terms and Conditions will continue in effect.
36. These Terms and Conditions are not intended to grant any rights to third parties.
37. A person who is not a User of the Website may not enforce any of these Terms and Conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.